About SC/ST Cell
Assam University (A Central University) Silchar has created a SC/ST cell with minimum infrastructure as per the guidelines of Government of India as communicated by the MHRD and UGC. The Cell functions under the control of Registrar, Assam University. The day-to-day functioning of the SC/ST Cell is looked after by a Deputy Registrar, SC/ST Cell. The Cell is guided by a Standing Committee comprising fourteen (14) members including Vice Chancellor as Chairperson, Liaison Officer (SC, ST and PwD), Secretary and President of AU SC/ST Employees Welfare Association as member and Deputy Registrar (SC/ST Cell) as Member Secretary. The Cell extends the service to consider the cases for strengthening and expansion of welfare scheme through remedial coaching, activities under equal Opportunity cell, NET coaching, etc. to SC/ST/OBC and Minority students. The Cell is fully committed to the standards and transparency in coordinating and providing the benefit of the scholarship and schemes implemented by GOI to the people belonging to SC’s/ST’s/OBC’s/Minorities etc.
Nomination of Liaison Officer
With reference to the GOI orders (No. 43011/153/2010-Estt. (Res.) Dated 4th January 2013) for nomination of Liaison Officers, their roles, duties & responsibilities and setting up of a Special Reservation Cell in each Ministry/ Department for enforcement of orders of reservation in posts and services of the Central Government, A Liaison Officer has been appointed by the University to look after the matters relating to the representation of SC/ST and persons with disabilities (PwD).
Representation of SC and ST on Admission Committee, Statutory Bodies, Selection Board/Committees
- Representation of SC and ST on Admission Committee
- Representation of Statutory bodies
- Representation of Selection Board
- Representation of Committees
Follow-up actions of Liaison Officer (SC, ST and PwD)
The Liaison Officer (SC, ST and PwD) strictly focuses on the instructions as communicated by the DoPT, MHRD and UGC to implement, monitor and evaluate continuously the strict observance of reservation policies and orders of Government of India in services and admission and any other grievances of the members of SC, ST and PwD communities under Assam University, Silchar.
To this end, Liaison Officer has been sensitizing about the GOI orders and Policies to the Chairperson and member of different selection and admission committees for strictly implementation of reservation policies and guidelines in respect of admission of SC, ST and PwD students, and also monitoring reservation roster/register, appointment to teaching, non teaching positions (both temporary and permanent) in the University.
Response Report related to any Grievances of SC, ST and PwD Communities into Admission, Appointment etc. under Assam University, Silchar
- Report on Sensitization
- Report on Admission
- Report on Grievances
- Report on Guest Faculty Appointment (Contractual)
- Report on Non-teaching Appointment (Contractual)
- Report on Non Teaching Appointment
- Report on Teaching Appointment
Location and Contact Details of Liaison Officer (SC, ST and PwD)
SC/ST Cell’s Room No. 001 (Ground Floor)
Administrative Main Building, Assam University Silchar
SC/ST Cell Phone No: 03842-270330
Dr. Laxmi Narayan Sethi
Associate Professor, Department of Agricultural Engineering
Liaison Officer (SC, ST and PwD)
Room No. 104 (First Floor)
Administrative Main Building
Assam University, Silchar-788011
Phone: 03842-270881 and Mobile: 09401847943
Notifications and Circulars in respect of Scholarship and Schemes implemented by GOI
- Post Matric Scholarship
- D. S. Kothari Post Doctoral Fellowships in Sciences
- BSR Fellowships in Sciences for Students Post Doctoral Fellowship for Women (unemployed)
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC/ST Candidates
Orders, Notifications and Circulars in respect of Admission and Services
- Government of India (GOI) order for Liaison Officer, his role, responsibilities, control etc. for enforcement of orders of reservations in posts and services of the Central Government (OM. No.43011/153/2010-Estt.(Res.) Dated 4th January 2013).
- Government of India (GOI) orders related to Consolidated orders on relaxation in upper age limit allowed to various categories of government servants regarding (OM No. 15012/2/2010-Estt. (D) Dated 27th March 2012).
- Government of India (GOI) orders related to strict observance of reservation orders for schedule Castes and Schedule Tribe (OM. No. 36011/5/75 Estt (SCT) Dated 3rd May 1975)
- Government of India (GOI) orders related to reservation for the Persons with Disabilities (OM. No. 36035/3/2004 Estt.(Res) Dated 29th December 2005).
- Government of India (GOI) orders related to Reiteration of the instructions on verification of claims of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes for purpose of appointment to posts/services. (OM No.36011/1/2012-Estt. (Res.) Dated 8th October 2015)
- Government of India (GOI) orders related to Representation of SC,ST, OBC, Minorities and the Women on Selection Board/Committees. (O.M. No. 42011/2/2014-Estt. (Res.) Dated 13th February, 2014, O.M. No. 39016/9(S)/89-Estt.(B), Dated 16th August, 1990), O.M. No. 41013/16/80-Estt. (SCT) Dated 10th August 1981)
- Government of India (GOI) orders related to Maintenance of Rosters for giving effect to reservations provided for scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in Central government services (OM. No. 31/10/63-SCT) Dated 2nd May 1963).
- Government of India (GOI) orders related to Maintenance of Rosters for giving effect to reservations provided for scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in Services-proforma for annual inspection by Liaison Officers (OM. No. 8/8/71-SCT) Dated 22nd April 1971)
- Government of India (GOI) orders related to strict observance of reservation orders for schedule Castes and Schedule Tribe-proper maintenance of Rosters (OM. No. 36011/1/76 Estt (SCT) Dated 6th March 1976)
- Government of India (GOI) orders related to Maintenance of rosters for reservation for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes ?clarification regarding (OM. No. 36011/11/75 Estt. (SCT) Dated 30th May, 1977).
- Follow up actions for the complaints received for Scheduled Castes and Schedule Tribes (OM. No. 36024/1/78-Estt. (SCT) Dated 27th June 1978, OM. No. 36024/1/78-(SCT) Dated 20th February 1979, and OM No. 36026/3/85-Estt. (SCT) Dated 24th June 1985)
- Government of India (GOI) orders related to Reservation in confirmation for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes maintenance of Roster (OM. No. 36011/12/82 Estt. (SCT) Dated 26th June 1982)
- Letter and UGC guidelines from UGC, New Delhi with regard to reservation policy for admission of students (DO. No. F.1-8/2014 (SCT) dated 17th June 2014 and F.1-8/2014 (SCT) dated 24th June 2014).
- UGC Regulations on Minimum Standards and Procedure for the award of Mphil/PhD Degree. Regulation 2009. And clarification on guidelines for Admission in Ph.D. (No. F.1-1/2002 (PS)/Exemp. Part file-III March 2011)
- Minutes of the meeting on Reservation Policy of GOI with regard to Admission of Students under Assam University, Silchar held on 8th July 2014.
- Minutes of the meeting on Reservation Policy of GOI with regard to Admission of Students into Hostels under Assam University, Silchar held on 21st July 2014.